Disassembly & Transporting
The table is ready to be Moved to the next Address.
The Des Moines installers will accurately position the table in its new home, and then use shims to level the slates. If you desire a bar light, the stud finder will be utilized to identify the best spot for it in the ceiling.
Our technicians take great care when leveling the slates of a pool table – this crucial step is done with precision using a machinist level.
If the billiard table is assembled on carpeting, it could settle unevenly as time passes and require re-leveling. For your peace of mind, we provide a guarantee that includes free re-leveling should it become necessary.
1 Slate Tables
Pool Tables with 1 slate require very unique methods of moving. Each slate weighs at least 600lbs so you need 2-3 people to carry it.
Most pool table moving companies don’t move 1 slates due to this but we are able to do most depending on the situation. Stairs add lots of difficulty and if the table is an 8 foot then those are near impossible to move with stairs.
To level a pool table you can’t use any normal carpenter level. A carpenter isn’t precise enough to level a pool table because any slight difference in level will cause the ball to noticeably shift in play.
We use a machinist level, it is 10x more precise then a carpenter level and it helps to get the pool tables we install to a near professional play level of quality.
A lot of the movers in Des Moines do not use machinist levels. Make sure you ask every mover you call, most of them pray on the fact that you don’t know the difference between a carpenter and a machinist level.
- Number of slates on the table:
- 1 slate is quoted higher due to its increased weight.
- City where the table is located:
- The Des Moines area and surrounding areas within 1 hour are quoted the least.
- Weather there are stairs or tight corners at the location:
- Having a full flight of stairs doesn’t increase the quoted price if it is a 3 slate.
- Grade of felt on the table (if being re-felted):
- Options include 303, 505, and Tournament grades.
- Damage that needs to be repaired during the move:
- Bumper Replacement and Pocket Replacement.
Call (515) 303-8573
©2023 Iowa Pool Table Movers. All Rights Reserved.